Opus Covid-19 Policies (updated 8/27/2021)
In alliance with Bellingham Public Schools, we will continue to follow the requirements of the governor, Washington state Department of Health and OSPI and recommendations from national, state and local public health officials.
- All students and staff above the age of 12 are required to be vaccinated to participate in classes and performances at Opus. Proof of vaccination upon registration.
- All students, staff and family members (above the age of 2) are required to wear a mask while indoors at Opus regardless of vaccination status. Please keep in mind that the majority of our students at Opus are under the age of 12 years old and are not eligible for vaccinations.
- To minimize the number of students in changing areas, we encourage students to arrive (and leave) Opus wearing their dance clothes, with the exception of their dance shoes. A leotard and tights can easily be worn underneath sweatpants.
- Eating on premises will not be allowed unless you are a vaccinated student who will be at Opus for more than 3 hours. Any snack breaks for vaccinated students must be socially distanced.
- If your child has a 90+ minute long class, they can bring a water bottle to class. Socially distant water breaks will be given.
- Barres will be wiped down before and after each class, along with any other highly touched surfaces. Students and teachers will sanitize their hands upon entrance into the studios.
- The building’s ventilation system will be running continuously through the duration of classes.
- Social distancing will be maintained in the studios, students will be placed 6+ feet apart during class. Class sizes for under 12 years old will be limited to 10 students.
- Regardless of vaccination, staff and students should not come to class if they are experiencing any symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- Fever (100.4° F or higher) or chills
- Cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat, nasal congestion, or runny nose
- Recent loss of taste or smell
- Muscle or body aches
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
- Unusual fatigue
Staff and students should not come to Opus if:
- They are unvaccinated and a close contact of someone diagnosed with COVID-19.
- They tested positive within the past ten days or have been told to self-monitor, self-isolate, or self-quarantine because of concerns about a COVID-19 infection.