Adult Drop-In Ballet Classes Winter/Spring 2019
*** Adult Ballet classes will run on the regular schedule for the remainder of December 2018 (except Dec 24, 25, and 31) ***
Got a passion for ballet? It’s never too late to learn! Whether you’re returning to ballet, in search of more practice time and expert instruction or just starting off, OPUS offers a variety of adult classes to lead you through barre practice and center work focusing on proper form as you gradually build on your technique. As every dancer would agree, ballet takes repetition and practice. A challenge for the mind as well as body, ballet strengthens and tones while promoting good posture and cardiovascular health. OPUS offers foundational ballet, beginner, intermediate and open level ballet classes on a drop-in basis.
- Foundational Ballet is suitable for students with zero to little ballet training or for more experienced students looking to refine their technique. Students are introduced to basic movement vocabulary and French terminology. The class will learn basic positions of the feet and arms through fundamental barre and center work. Attention is paid to proper body alignment, use of the legs and feet, balance, and whole body coordination.
- Beginner Ballet is suitable for the beginner teen/ adult as well as students who would like to work in a slower paced environment. Attention is paid to proper body alignment, use of the legs and feet, and developing movement sequences through coordination of the arms and head. Students are encouraged to follow more experienced students as well as ask questions when needed.
- Intermediate/Open Ballet welcomes student’s teen/adult with at least 2 years of committed ballet training. Students attending this class are expected to know basic barre and center vocabulary as well as simple petite allegro, pirouettes, combinations from the corner and grand allegro. Like all of our open classes, this class is subject to the needs of the overall attendees of each class.
All adult classes are drop-in; complete information is on our adult dance class page.
Winter/Spring 2019 Schedule (first day of classes Wednesday, January 2 2019):
- Mondays: Adult Foundational Beginner 7:00-8:30pm (Brooke)
- Tuesday: Adult Intermediate Ballet 6:30-8:00pm (Brooke)
- Wednesdays: Adult Beginner Ballet 6:30-8:00pm (Celeste)
- Thursdays: Adult Beginner Ballet 7:00-8:30pm (Celeste)
Amy Guerra's Adult Open runs throughout the winter/spring at 10:00-11:30am Sundays (with optional pointe 11:30-noon)